Why Get Involved?
Volunteers are an integral part of the NM Ag in the Classroom program. We need volunteers like you to bring agricultural literacy to your local community. Your passion for agriculture is contagious and there is no better way to inspire the next generation to get interested in the vast world of agricultural sciences. NMAITC is happy to provide volunteer trainings and resources to assure you have everything you need for great educational activities.
New Mexico Ag In The Classroom will be coming to an area near you! Please check back or sign up for e-mails to receive updates about current workshops. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a workshop in your area.
We are currently organizing regional teacher workshops throughout the state of New Mexico. These workshops will provide:
- Current information regarding the importance of agriculture
- Grade specific lessons that are aligned to the state standards and benchmarks with a special emphasis in science, health/nutrition, and social studies
- Focus on connecting teachers with local agricultural resources that could be used for:
- classroom fieldtrips/presentations
- answering questions and sharing experiences
- imparting a genuine perspective from a farmer or rancher
- career awareness
If you have recently hosted a NMAITC presentation please fill out our feedback evalution form.