"AG"mazing Web Resources — Agricultural Related Resources
- National Agriculture in the Classroom
- State Resources
- Websites for Educators
- National Resources
- Community Service Projects
- Student resources, educational games, virtual tours,webquests
Here you can find a quick link to all of our favorite resources. While your there, be sure to check out Glogster EDU. Its a fun interactive way to present information and text in the classroom!
Go to this website »
National Agriculture in the Classroom
- National Agriculture in the Classroom
- This is THE place for lesson plans and a huge resource directory for all things in agriculture education! Click state programs tab and state websites to get the map that will lead you to all of the great resources available from every Ag In the Classroom program in the nation! Always check out the monthly featured resources for great new stuff!
- American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture
- This website creates many great educational resources, such as MyAmericanFarm.org!
- My American Farm
- Great learning tool designed for 3rd-5th graders but even adults can learn something new! (It is also great for indoor recess, free time or when you are finished with your work activities.)
- Current news in agriculture
State resources (see also commodities)
- Cooperative Extension Service
- College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
- NMSU Expertise Guide
- Find your local expert on anything from biotechnology to water!
- New Mexico Counties
- Need to find an extension agent in your area for more information?
- New Mexico Master Gardeners
- Find a Master Gardener near you!
- Desert Blooms
- Includes plant selector, how-to videos, and informative columns for New Mexico.
- Agriculture Experiment Stations
- Find out more about current research happening at a research center near you!
- New Mexico 4-H
- Find out more about this great youth development program.
- New Mexico Department of Agriculture
- Find current NM agriculture statistics, programs, and learn about current ag related issues and resources.
- New Mexico Taste the Tradition
- Want to take a agricultural field trip? Check out the agritourism link to find out more!
- United States Department of Agriculture National Agricultural Statistics Service
- Takes you to New Mexico's agricultural information, statistics and publications.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service, New Mexico
- Click on teachers and students for educational resources provided by Natural Resources Conservation Service. (Soil and water focus)
- Natural Resource Conservation Service Educational Resources
- Click on teachers and students for educational resources provided by Natural Resources Conservation Service. (Conservation, soil, water, plant focus)
- New Mexico Association of Conservation Districts
- Great Educational Resources pertaining to soil and water!
- New Mexico Agriculture Education FFA Association
- Find an agriculture educator near you!
- New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau
- Learn more about your local farmers and ranchers that sponsor NM Agriculture in the Classroom.
- New Mexico Agricultural Facts
- Great spot for classroom doing state reports or to learn more about New Mexico.
- New Mexico Beef Council
- Find a Kids, Kows, and More program or agriculture education day near you! CowBelles also make great education presenters.
- Southwest Dairy Farmers Mobile Dairy Classroom
- Invite Cody and Peach to come to your school to learn more about dairy!
Websites for Educators
- America's Heartland
- This outstanding website offers great youth outreach video segments that are designed to educate non-farm viewers about agriculture. Check out the study guides, stories, and videos for teachers!
- Food, Land & People
- Great place to find PreK-12 lesson plans that focus on understanding interrelationships among agriculture, the environment and people of the world.
- Neo K12 Videos & Lessons
- Agriculture related video resources.
- Food Dialogues: U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance
- Learn about agriculture from the ground up.
- U.S. Forest Service
- Good resources under Just for Kids.
- National Agricultural Library
- Great resource! This is the world's largest library devoted to agriculture. It provides information on plants, crops, animals, food, nutrition, safety, health, water quality, invasives, and much more!
- Wow! 4-H is a lot more than you might expect! Check out the new curriculum for 4-H AgriScience under What's New. This gets two thumbs up for great lesson plans and a round of applause for environmental awareness!
Community Service Projects
- Farm City
- Do something great! Celebrate National Farm-City Week!
- National Agriculture Day
- Show your support for agriculture! Celebrate National Ag Day!
- Grain Foods Foundation
- Bread Art Project to help end childhood hunger in America
Student resources, educational games, virtual tours & webquests
- Missouri Farm Bureau
- Click on Ag in the Classroom, Agricultural Web Quests K-12 (One of my favorites is the Dust Bowl for 5thgrade).
- National Agriculture in the Classroom's Webquests
- For elementary and secondary webquests.
- My American Farm
- Do not even go to this website! It is much too fun to be educational! It has e-comics, videos, games, and downloads galore!
- Wheat Foods Council
- Go to How Wheat Works to plant, grow, and harvest your own wheat!
- 4-H Virtual Farm
- Visit the virtual farm to discover why farming is part of your life.
- The Old Farm's Almanac for Kids
- A great website that grabs your attention with interesting facts and activities.
- Kid's Zone
Games, trivia, science projects, state ag facts, virtual tours, and farm and food fun are all in one spot!
- Food Detectives, Fight Bac
- A good mix of information and games that teach kids to fight foodborne illness.
- The Great Corn Adventure
- Learn all about corn through many fun activities!
- Cotton Campus
- Great site that provides a fun way for students of all ages to learn about cotton.