Summer Regional Educator Workshops
Workshops will be from 8:30-3:30 & are limited to 25 participants. Registration will be on a first come first served basis. There is a $25 registration fee that is non-refundable. Each participant will receive over $75 in curriculum resources, a teacher tote, goodies and lunch. The Las Vegas and Silver City workshops will also include information on hydroponics.
Save the Date!
Seating is limited so register today!
- Farmington: Friday, July 14th, McGee Park
- Carlsbad: Tuesday, July 18th, Desert Willow Elementary
- Bernalillo: Thursday, July 20th, Tamaya Resort with APS School Gardens Program & Bernalillo County Extension
- Las Vegas: Tuesday, July 25th, Charlie's Spic & Span
- Silver City: Friday, July 28th, Western New Mexico University
For More Information Please Contact:
Want a great professional development opportunity for your school? Request a workshop today that can be tailored to meet your school's specific needs!
Let us plan an Ag in the Classroom presentation, workshop, or professional development just for you!
New Mexico Ag In The Classroom will be coming to an area near you! Please check back or sign up for e-mails to receive updates about current workshops (sign up link). Please contact us if you would like to schedule a free workshop in your area.
We are currently organizing regional education workshops throughout the state of New Mexico. These workshops will provide:
- Current information regarding the importance of agriculture
- Grade specific lessons that are aligned to Common Core and state standards and benchmarks with a special emphasis in science, health/nutrition, and social studies
- Focus on connecting teachers with local agricultural resources that could be used for:
- Classroom fieldtrips/presentations
- Answering questions and sharing experiences
- Imparting a genuine perspective from those involved in agriculture
- Career awareness